At Newham Carers Network we deliver a wide range of information, advice and support services to anyone who provides voluntary support on a regular basis to a family member or friend who experiences ill-health or disability.
We work with carers of adults, parent carers of children with disabilities and young carers. We’re also in touch with more than 1,800 carers in Newham, the majority of whom are from black and ethnic minority communities. We strive to provide support to all carers and their families to ensure that they receive all the services they are entitled to. This includes carers being assessed in their own right and as part of the decision making process of the person they care for, as well as activities, training and events for carers.
Newham Carers Network offers:
- A Carers Right Service providing casework and advocacy support on a range of complex issues including health, social services, welfare benefits, education and training
- Carers Engagement and Co-production with commissioners of services locally
- Family Support to the families of 30 young carers a year
- A Better Health for Carers project funded by The Big Lottery which provides support to carers on aspect of their health in order to improve physical and mental well being.
- Carers Awareness Training
Our telephone lines are staffed Monday to Friday 10am-5pm
If the lines are busy it means that our caseworkers are on other calls, please leave a message, we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible.
Please note that we have an open referral system.
Carers Week 2017:
We are delighted to be participating in Carers Week this June 2017.