You may not have guessed it but ‘Friends of The Renewal Programme’ actually launched back in 1976 – as a way to connect with supporters from around the world.
A lot has changed since then but one thing that remains the same is our commitment to positively transforming the lives of Newham residents.
In the spirit of our 50th birthday, we are celebrating our commitment to the community over the last five decades, and relaunching the ‘Friends of The Renewal Programme’ membership scheme, with a modern take.
As a friend, you will be joining a community of supporters who are passionate about Newham, it’s people and making a positive impact.
In return for your generosity, you will have the opportunity to make a clear difference to our community, gain access to personalised updates, and the chance to have you say.
Why you should become a Friend of the Renewal Programme
- It takes less than a minute to securely set-up a recurring donation.
- You can amend your donation amount at any time; we’re incredibly flexible (and grateful)!
- Your recurring donation adds up over time to help us continue transforming and empowering Newham residents.
- You’ll gain access to personalised updates; you’ll receive a monthly ‘Friends of the Renewal Programme’ newsletter.
- We’ll shout about your support on a regular basis across our social networks and our website. You’ll be added to our ‘Funders and Supporters’ page and if you like, we’ll even include you in our annual report.
Why Friends of the Renewal Programme is good for us
- Recurring donations enable us to predict regular income which is invaluable to local community charities, just like us.
- It helps us to build better relationships with our donors.
- Being able to direct regular incomes to where the money is needed enables us to cover any unexpected costs.
- The donations received from Friends of the Renewal Programme helps us to cover our operational and core costs; most grants have to spent on a specific project.